Sunday 14 April 2013

Another newbie!

Sorry once again for the phenomenal delay in blogging - I'm really rubbish at this updating thing aren't I?

Anyway, the last few months have been pretty good here (when it wasn't raining and/or snowing that is!) The kids have all been frantically trying to get as much schooling done between showers and we're seeing improvements all round!

Schooling

We got a new arrival this week courtesy of our friends down south at Thunder Horse Stables! Lisa went down to visit her parents in Nottingham over the Easter holiday and brought her back on the way home.

Agrimony

Agrimony

She's called Agrimony (named after a lovely little yellow bog plant) and is one of the nicest looking Highlands we've ever seen.

 Agrimony

She was originally being used for conservation grazing at a National Trust property but ended up being stolen, found and eventually re-homed at THS as she wouldn't settle back into her original herd. They did a lot of groundwork with her so she leads perfectly in hand but they didn't back her or start her with any other tack so I reckon that'll give me and Niko something to do over the summer. She's really quiet and affectionate so I think she'll take to riding school life very well indeed.

Agrimony

I'll do my best to be more active on here - if I'm not I think Lisa'll throw things at me...


- David.

3 comments:

  1. Hi David, this Granny Lene from Germany- I hijacked my son's laptop while he's making the last round for this night through the Ivorytower Stables.
    I wanted to say that your new mare is a darling, I love her wonderful colour (and her ears).

    Cheers,

    Lene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addendum- and I will help with throwing things. I am already trying to get my own lazy family off their butts, more photo stories have to happen.

      - Granny Lene

      Delete
    2. *hides*

      Point taken, more stuff on its way!

      Delete